What I Read This Week

Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2013 4:29 PM
0
This week has been so hard on me.Firstly,I got sick and thus I had a difficulty keeping up with my h/w and I didn't have much free time to read or post anything.Nevertheless,here's what I read so far..

The book I Loved:

Wounded

By Jasinda Wilder

My Rating: 5 Stars

Favourite Quote:
"A man who takes a woman to dinner first, takes her to drink, tells her she is beautiful, pays her father to arrange a marriage to her… this is paying for sex. It is cloaked in custom and tradition, but the result – sexual domination of the man over the woman – is still prostitution.I am not willing in this. I did not choose this life. I do what I must to survive. It is this, or starve.”
My Opinion:
This book tells the story of a girl who has lost everything because of war.She has has nothing and no one to take care of her.The only thing she can do in order to survive is sell her body.
This book opened my eyes and forced me to see what war does to people.It made me realise that when you have nothing you do whatever you can to saty alive.You take decisions you wouldn't otherwise take,you resort to actions you wouldn't otherwise do.It is such an emotional book.I want to say more but I don't want to spoil anything.It's a book worth-reading.

Blurb: Click here.

Also,

The previous week I discover two series Fast Track series and Bloodrunners series.So,I begun reading the books,which of cource I haven't finished reading yet but I definitely will.

Bloodrunners series:
Last Wolf Standing (Bloodrunners #1)

By Rhyannon Byrd

My Rating: 4 Stars

Favourite Quote-Scene:
“With an utterly foreign sense of desperation, he did something that he’d never, in all his thirty-three years, thought he would do. He tripped her.”
My Opinion:
I laughed so hard at this particular scene.It was so hilarious seeing a confident,grown up man resorting to such actions.I really enjoyed reading it.It was fast paced,had many ups and downs,a tortured and very stubborn hero.It's a well written book and I absolutely recommend it.
Blurb: Click here.

Last Wolf Hunting (Bloodrunners #2) By Rhyannon Byrd
My Rating 3 Stars
My Opinion:
It's the second book in the series.I didn't quite like it.The main characters were so stubborn and pigheaded.They could have been mates all along but there was no trust between them and they didn't discuss their "problems".I also believe that the end was a little "overstretched".

I'm currently reading book 3 & 4.

Fast Track series

Flat-Out Sexy (Fast Track #1)

By Erin McCarthy

My Rating: 4 Stars

Favourite Quote:
“Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit..." Suzanne”
My Opinion:
This is a wonderful book about a woman moving on after her husband has died.I found Elec so sweet and understanding and there was a scene where Tamara's children were sick and he went to help her take care of them.It's was epic...(sigh).Definitely recommend to those who love contemporary romance...

Blurb: Click here.

Hard and Fast (Fast Track #2)

By Erin McCarthy

My Rating: 2 Stars

Favourite Quote:
“Me? I'm being ridiculous? You're the one flirting for your thesis. What the hell kind of degree is that anyway? A doctorate of dick tease?”
My Opinion:
This book was so ridiculous!!!I felt that Imogen,the heroine,was just repeating everything that was said with more complex vocabulary.She was such a show off and very naive.Ty on the other hand, was honest about himself and did everything to make her happy.He was so adorable....
Blurb: Click here.
Hot Finish (Fast Track #3)

By Erin McCarthy

My Rating: 4 Stars

Favourite Quote:
“And everyone is always saying that marriage is really hard and takes a lot of work. But the thing is, when you know that you love someone, those things don’t matter. You have to push all the everyday things and the outside world away, and just enjoy knowing that this is the man who has the chest your head is meant to lie on.”
My Opinion:
This was such a great book.It was funny,it had a nice flow and I really liked all this getting-back-my-soon-to-be ex-wife.Cause although they both thought that they were devorced the truth was that they were still married.So when they found out the truth Ryder "convinces" Suzanne to give their marriage a chance.Dedinitely recommended...
Blurb: Click here.

That's all for now.My next post will be about Books I'm Planning To Read.
Sofia T.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2012 SheReadsRomance
Template by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0