Review: The [Suicide] Note by Teresa Mummert

Posted on Sunday, August 4, 2013 7:05 PM
0
descriptionThe Note

By Teresa Mummert

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Fav Quote:

"She was gravity. She was the light in the darkest of my days, and her smile ignited a flame inside of me that had gone out a long time ago.”

The suicide note (or just The Note ) is the first book I read by Teresa Mummert and I have to say that I'm about to read the rest of her books. This book was amazing.The author did an amazing job with both the plot development and the main characters.

After being betrayed and abandoned by her own falily and ex-fiance, Jenn is feeling lost. Not having fulfilled any of her dreams, Jenn decides that she has had enough. She is struggling to make it just another day. Her boss is grouchy, her life seems to be falling apart and her future seems a thousand miles away.

Shane, is a soldier stationed in Iraq. Betrayed by the woman he gave his heart to, Shane begins to evaluate his life. Having taken a leave for a couple weeks, Shane decides to go visit his cousin Jake and his family.

While there Shane accidentally meets Jenn. Their attraction isn't instant but after an incident makes Shane believe that Jenn is in need of saving. And so their journey begins. Shane spends almost all of his time with Jenn trying to make her "live" again, but what he doesn't realise is that it's not that needs to "live" but HIM.

“I had never been scared of deployments or of war, but now I was scared to leave. I didn’t want to leave her. When I met her, I saw her as someone else who needed saving but she had saved me. She had given me hope when I had given up on everything in my life.”

This book will capture your attention and won't let you escape. It's a moving and sweet story about two people finding their destiny when they least expected it.

All in all, it's a beautifully written love story that will break your heart but heal it as well!!!

“If anyone makes you cry, I will make them cry, okay?”

This book is a stand-alone (so no sequels) and NO cliffhangers.

                                            Synopsis

Sometimes in life it feels like everything that can go wrong does, but everything happens for a reason. A relationship crumbles so someone else can mend the pieces of your broken heart. A change of plans can lead you to something you didn’t even know you were missing. You help others and discover that it was you who needed to be helped all along.

Jenn’s life is nothing as she had imagined it would be. She is twenty-something with a failing career and her love life has officially ended with an ultimate act of betrayal. She is ready to throw away her dreams when a chance run-in with a soldier, dealing with his own misfortunes, alters her course and changes her perspective on life.

Originally published under the title Suicide Note*
Sofia T.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2012 SheReadsRomance
Template by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0