Review: Take a Chance (Rosemary Beach #7) by Abbi Glines

Posted on Friday, August 29, 2014 1:46 PM
0
Title: Take a Chance
Author: Abbi Glines
Series: Rosemary Beach #7

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Goodreads | Amazon | B&N | BookDepo

When Harlow Manning's rocker father goes on tour, he sends her to Rosemary Beach, Florida, to live with her half-sister, Nan. The problem: Nan despises her. Harlow has to keep her head down if she wants to get through the next nine months, which seems easy enough. Until gorgeous Grant Carter walks out of Nan's room in nothing but his boxer briefs.
Grant made a huge mistake getting involved with a girl with venom in her veins. He'd known about Nan's reputation, but still he couldn't resist her. Nothing makes him regret the fling more than meeting Harlow, who sends his pulse racing. Yet Harlow wants nothing to do with a guy who could fall for her wicked half-sister even if there are no strings between Grant and Nan. Grant is desperate to redeem himself in Harlow's eyes, but did he ruin his chances before he even met her?
"She needed me. No one had ever needed me. It had made me weak." -Greant

Take a chance is the first book in the Chances new series by Abbi Glines.

So, although I'm a huge fan of Abbi Glines, I was a bit hesitant about this book and all because of Nan (if you haven't already guessed it, I'm a #Nanhater). Every time I hear her name is like I hear "Beware there is a lot of DRAMA around". Especially ever since I found out about Nan and Grant's relationship, my respect for him has dropped a lot. But I still couldn't stay away from this book. Firstly becasue it's written by Abbi Glines and secondly because I really wanted to find out Harlow's story.

Grant is one of the famous Rosemary Beach’s favorite playboys. He'll never settle down. He's realationship with Nan makes things even worse, cause even if he wanted to settle down no one would want to end up with him after his past with Nan. Grant thinks he's done with Nan but for how long?!

Meet Harlow Manning. Harlow is so sweet, loving, caring but she's off limits. For Grant, Harlow is very dangerous, even more than Nan, because she makes him want more, when he never did. And that is something that Grant isn't ready to deal with, yet.

Harlow's unfortunate enough to be Nan's half sister. Harlow was always loved and shelterd but that doesn't mae her stupid. She knows that in order to survive living with Nan she has to stay away. But how can she when their father, Kiro, who's on tour wants Harlow to stay in the house at Rosemary, exactly where Nan is. Harlow isn't the biggest fan of Nan and even comes to hate her when she witnesses Grant walking through Nan's bedroom one morning. Everything she ever felt for him is wiped away in that moment. How can she be with a man that always runs back to Nan?

Grant wants to gain Harlow's trust once again but he knows that it's not going to be easy. But even if Harlow fogives him will they ever be able to survive behind all these lies and secrets?

I'm not really sure how I felt about this book, which is a first for me. I usually LOVE Abbi's books but with this one, things are complecated. Even when Harlow forgives Grant, I'm not sure I'm able to either forgive him or trust him. To me he isn't worthy of her. I just hope that maybe the sequel wll be able to redeem him to my eyes (not that sure though). Grant will do anything in his power to restore his image to her, even stay at her side when well kept secrets begin to come out.

Take a chance is a wellsuited title. Because for Grant that's all there is, one more chance. Harlow is taking a huge risk with him, a risk I'm not sure he's worhy of, but still it's her hoice. In my opinion, I believe tha Harlow just forgave things too easily. Sure Grant is Grant but still...

On the other hand, Harlow isn't an innocent either. She has many secrets, secrets that very few know but affect all of them. I think she should have told Grant her secret from the beginning! He should have known!

Some of the things I really liked was getting some glimpses from the other characters in the Rosemary Beach series. We got to see Rush, Blaire, Woods and Della and many more. We also get to meet Mase, Harlow's brother, whom I really liked (I can't wait to see more of him) and meet Kiro for the first time. Of course, we have see Kiro before but never like this. Kiro's story will definitely shock you!

All in all, this was another great Rosemary Beach book. I was quite uncertain of this book (I still am) but I'm hopping the sequel will do justice to it. Abbi is one of my favourite authors and I'm sure she's going to figure something out. I can't wait for the next book!!

Totally recommended!
Sofia T.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2012 SheReadsRomance
Template by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0