Review: Rock Chick (Rock Chick #1) by Kristen Ashley

Posted on Monday, February 9, 2015 12:37 PM
1
Title: Rock Chick
Author: Kristen Ashley
Series: Rock Chick #1

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Goodreads | Amazon | B&N | BookDepo
Indy Savage, cop's daughter, rock chick and used bookstore owner, has been in love with Lee Nightingale, once bad boy, now the man behind Nightingale Investigations, since she was five years old. No matter what ingenious schemes Indy used to capture his attention, Lee never showed an interest and Indy finally gave up. Now Indy's employee, Rosie, has lost a bag of diamonds and bad guys are shooting at him. When Indy gets involved, Lee is forced to help. Complicating matters, Lee has decided he's interested, Indy's decided she's not. But she can't seem to keep Lee out of her life when she's repeatedly stun gunned, kidnapped and there are car bombs exploding (not to mention she's finding dead bodies).
Indy's best bet is to solve the mystery of the diamonds before Lee. Lee's challenge is to keep Indy alive and, at the same time, win back her heart.
“I haven’t been avoiding you,”
“You’re lying. The last time we were both at dinner, you got up in the middle of Mom’s fajita presentation and said you forgot to feed your cat.”
Uh-oh.
“So?”
“You don’t have a cat.”
When I started reading this book, I thought that I had never before read a book by this author. Turns out, I have. I read a series called the Three, which I didn’t love but it was enjoyable. Now this book, it rocked!

Indy Savage has been in love with Lee (her bff’s brother) since she was five. Now at 30, Indy has had enough rejection in her life that she’s been ignoring Lee for the past 10 years, thinking that he’s not interested. But when trouble comes knocking on her bookshop, Indy turns to Ally (her bff) for help. What better solution is there than putting Indy in Lee’s home, since he’a away on a mission. But what Happens when Lee comes home early?

Exploding! Rock Chick was a great book. Not my fav but still great. I’ve never met a more sassy and mischievous heroine. Indy was so much fun to read. She and Lee made quite a team. Indy always getting in trouble, being kidnapped not once but twice and never taking any bull* by anyone.

I was a bit mad at Lee for keeping his distance and pushing Indy away all these years but I understand why he acted like that. Now, things have changed. Lee has always wanted Indy and the time has come to get her.

I loved taking this journey with them. I had to much fun and I couldn’t stop laughing. I loved all the action and all the wonderful unique characters. I hope they all get their stories: Eddie, Ally, Jane, everyone.

Wondering who’s going to be matched with Eddie though. I really like him and I hope he finds his HEA. He totally deserves it.

Totally recommended!
Sofia T.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

1 comment:

  1. I haven't heard of this book before, but it looks like you enjoyed reading it a lot! And who wouldn't be when it was a good mystery and has enough of realistic characters to make you fall in love with each of them? I will go and look into this one more!

    Check out my discussion post: http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2015/02/olivias-catastrophe-romeo-juliet.html

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2012 SheReadsRomance
Template by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0