Review: When I'm Gone (Rosemary Beach #11) by Abbi Glines

Posted on Friday, May 15, 2015 10:37 AM
0
Title: When I'm Gone
Author: Abbi Glines
Series: Rosemary Beach #11

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Goodreads | Amazon | B&N | BookDepo

Mase Colt-Manning has always preferred his humble life as a Texas rancher to his birthright as the son of a legendary rock star. In fact, he rarely visits his father’s rarefied world in Rosemary Beach, especially if it means bunking at his vile half-sister Nan’s house—until one visit leads to a chance encounter with a young, gorgeous house maid who awakens him with her off-key but spirited imitation of a country music star…
Reese Ellis finally has her freedom. After escaping a lifetime of abuse from her parents and classmates for an undiagnosed learning disorder, she seizes the opportunity to be a house maid to some of the richest families in Rosemary Beach. But her job is in jeopardy when she causes an accident at the home of her most important client, Nan Dillon. When a hot, half-naked stranger with a cowboy’s swagger comes to her rescue, she’s intrigued—then afraid once he shows his own interest. Reese has never met a trustworthy man in her life. Will Mase be any different?
I never thought that Mase would get his story but I’m really excited that he has.

After everything his family has been through all Mase wants is to spend some time with his sister and her new family. What he never expects to find is love.

While staying in his father’s home Mase meets Reese, the house cleaner. Reese has worked so hard to make a life for herself. Her life has never been easy but she’s determined to find the happiness she was denied. She was never supposed to meet Mase but she does. He is like no one she knows: kind, sweet, protective, sexy, Mase tests her boundaries. Even from their very first encounter you can tell that there’s something between them.

I loved reading Mase and Reese’s story. I was prepared for Mase but meeting Reese blew me away. She was so strong. She didn’t have to be motivated by anything. She was driven by her curiosity to taste life, to live it. With Mase’s help she managed to get out of her shell and get to know him and herself. With his help, she gained the confidence that was stolen from her.

It was just so amazing following this couple. I knew that Mase was a very simple and ordinary person- nothing like his sister Nan- but still I couldn’t believe how “homely” he seemed.

Also, in this book we got to see so many characters that we’ve seen in the previous books in the series. What I really liked though, was seeing Harlow and Grant’s HEA. They have come so far from where they were and I’m so happy for them.

As always this one was Mase and Reese’s first book and I have to warn you that it is a cliffhanger. Thankfully we won’t have to wait long since the sequel to their story will be out in a month.

Abbi is one of my top ten authors and I always love her books, especially her Rosemary Beach series, so you can’t blame me when I recommend this (cliffhanger) book.

Totally recommended!
Sofia T.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2012 SheReadsRomance
Template by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0