Review: Aflame (Fall Away #4) by Penelope Douglas

Posted on Monday, June 29, 2015 12:19 PM
1
Title: Aflame
Author: Penelope Douglas
Series: Fall Away #4

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Goodreads | Amazon | B&N | BookDepo
The tables have turned. Now I have the power—and it’s his turn to beg…
Everyone wants to be me.
Maybe it’s the sway of my skirt or the way I flip my hair, but I don’t care. Even though their attention is the last thing I crave, I just can’t stop. I dominate the track, the speed rattles my bones, and the wind and the crowd screams my name.
I’m her. The girl driver. The queen of the race. And I’m surviving—something he thought I’d never do.
They all still talk about him. Did you see Jared Trent on T.V? What did you think of his last race, Tate? When is he coming back to town, Tate?
But I refuse to care too much. Because when Jared does come home, I won’t be here.
Tatum Brandt is gone. I’m someone new.
“Everything else may change, but never the way I love you.”
Beware Spoilers Ahead!

I usually (always) love happily ever afters but when a HEA is too HEA it ruins the whole book. For me Aflame was one of those “too HEA” books.

In the previous book, falling away, Jared and Tate were having some issues with their relationship and their lives. They know each other since they were children, they loved each other since they could understand what love is and now they have their whole lives ahead of them to share their love. Somewhere along the way though, Jared lost himself. Does that mean that he doesn’t love Tate anymore? Answer: NO.

Jared wanted some time off their relationship where he could find himself, make some choices for his future so he could be the man Tate deserves. Is that too much to ask?

So Jared takes some time off of their relationship while he sorts himself out. Tate being Tate believes that the world revolves around her and as always takes it personally. I was so surprised to see that not even six months had passed since they broke up and Tate has already moved on! I was furious.

I rarely, almost never, blame heroines. Let’s face it, most of the time it’s the hero’s fault when something goes wrong, but I didn’t like Tate very much. They claim to have loved each other since they were children but yet when Jared needs some time for himself, Tate goes with the first man that stands in front of her. Where did the love go? Just because they had a break does that mean that their love is gone? I can’t understand it!

I didn’t really like this new Tate. Everyone believes that she’s a new confident Tate but believe me when I say that I have seen confident heroines and Tate isn’t one of them. She was just angry. If confidence means making the worst mistakes of your life then yeah, Tate was indeed confident. Is this the real Tate? I hope not. I loved the Tate we got to see in the three previous books and that’s the picture I’m going to keep about her.

Anyway, Jared was A-M-A-Z-I—N-G. He was confidentbecause he had time to concentrate on his future ad shape it like he wanted to and I really liked that. I also loved seeing Madoc and Fallon and Jax and Juliet. I even liked the huge surprise we got from the latter couple.

Aflame was the grand finale for all of them. Every couple has their HEA. I’m going to miss all of these crazy characters, even the new Tate. Mistakes and all, she is the woman Jared loves. The epilogue was too much for me but I know that people love this kind of things so I’m going to leave it be.

Despite everything, I strongly recommend this book. This is the last book we will be getting for the whole gang and you mustn’t miss it.

I hope you enjoy it!
Sofia T.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you said everyone gets an HEA. I was avoiding this book like the PLAGUE because I was happy with the way Jared and Tate ended up at the end of Bully. But, if I know going into the book that everything will be ok, I am willing to give it a shot. I will read most anything but it has to have an HEA! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2012 SheReadsRomance
Template by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0