Review: The Paper Swan by Leylah Attar

Posted on Monday, December 28, 2015 6:04 PM
0
Title: The Paper Swan
Author: Leylah Attar
Series: None

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Goodreads | Amazon | B&N | BookDepo
They say it takes 21 days to form a habit.
They lie.
For 21 days she held on.
But on Day 22, she would have given anything for the sweet slumber of death.
Because on Day 22, she realizes that her only way out means certain death for one of the two men she loves.
A haunting tale of passion, loss, and redemption, The Paper Swan is a darkly intense yet heartwarming love story, textured with grit, intrigue, and suspense. 
The paper swan just became my #1 most favorite book for 2015. This year isn’t even over yet and I feel like I’ve read so many stupendous books. The paper swan is by far the most mind blowing book.

The book starts off in the middle of things so don’t expect an introduction or any details about what’s going on. Our heroine, Sky Sedgewick finds herself in a tight spot; there’s a man holding a gun over her head and she’s about to get abducted. We, as readers know as much as Sky does which believe me isn’t much. She has no idea why someone would do this to her, she’s never harmed anyone and she isn’t shy to hide that fact from her captor. Unfortunately for her, her captor doesn’t really care about Sky’s innocence or even her father’s money.

The only thing Damian cares about is his revenge. A revenge that required a lot planning, a lot of patience and he won’t lose his only chance at getting it because of old memories. He has only one goal: make Sky’s father pay for his sins by killing his daughter.

I can’t put into words how I felt about this book. For the first time ever I didn’t just fall in love with the characters but with the story itself. It was a truly mind blowing and well written love story. The ultimately love story. I really can’t let this book go. Its unique plot and mesmerizing characters captured my attention from the very beginning. It was like a roller coaster of emotions.

Sky may not know why Damien kidnapped her but as her hope dies, all Sky can think about is her childhood and the two special people who stole her heart when she lost them. And as Sky travels through the memories of her past, the present Damian and she are living becomes clearer and eventually everything makes sense. The bond they share is revealed through that very memories.

I didn’t expect such an astounding book when I picked it up! I had actually no idea what the book was about since I hadn’t read other reviews and the blurb doesn’t really make much sense so I can’t stress how pleasantly surprised I was when I read it.

The paper swan was a perfect book for me! The book took me by surprise with its beginning, the huge twists, the sweet memories of a childhood that is full of innocence, the love, the emotional and the real journey and of course the main characters. And OMG the cover! I’m one of those people who are always trying to make sense of the cover and when I got to that part in this book all I could think was what a perfect fit the cover was.

I can’t recommend this book highly enough!
Sofia T.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2012 SheReadsRomance
Template by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0