Review: Six of Hearts (Hearts #1) by L.H. Cosway

Posted on Monday, April 18, 2016 12:10 PM
0
Title: Six of Hearts
Author:  L.H. Cosway
Series: Hearts #1

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Goodreads | Amazon | B&N | Bookdepo
Step right up and meet Jay Fields: Illusionist. Mentalist. Trickster.
I think in triangles. You think in straight lines.
I show you a table and make you believe it’s a chair.
Smoke and mirrors, sleight of hand, misdirection. I trick and deceive.
But most of all, I put on a good show.
The world thinks I killed a man, but I didn't. Bear with me. It’s all a part of the plan.
Revenge is what I want. I want it for me and I want it for her.
I want it for all six of us.
She doesn't remember me, but she’s the reason for everything. She’ll be my prize at the end of all this–if I can hold onto my willpower, that is. Maybe I’ll slip up a little, have a taste, just a small one.
So go ahead and pick a card. Come inside and see the show. Look at my hands, look so closely that you can’t see what’s happening while you’re so focused on looking. I’ll be destroying your world from right here in the spotlight.
You’ll never see me coming until it’s too late.
I've only got one heart, and after I've pulled off my grand deception I’ll hand it right to her.
So, sit back, relax, and let my girl tell you our story. You’re in for one hell of a ride.
This was a fantastic read! I can’t believe that it has taken me this long to read it but I’m super excited to begin this series!

Six of hearts reminded me of The Illusionist and the Now you see me movies but since it’s a book, it's so much better!

Jay Fields is an illusionist famous for his complicated magic tricks and with numerous fans around the world. However, he is an enigma, really mysterious with some super amazing skills of observation. He completely captivated me from the beginning. Although, there are hints about his true identity, Jay remains a mystery for the majority of the book.

Matilda believes she is completely ordinary. She’s 23 working for her father’s law firm when Jay suddenly shows up looking for a lawyer. His case is not what the firm usually deals with but they are happy to recommend lawyers more capable to take on his case. However, jay is adamant that Matilde and her father are the most capable people to handle his case.

Even from the beginning you can tell that Six of hearts is going to be one hell of a journey. There is a lot of tension between Matilda and Jay but what I really loved was their unique bond. Matilda and her father’s life are turned upside down the moment Jay enters their lives. Jay is such a force. He brings life to this pair; he’s fun loving and flirty.

You won’t know what hit you with this book. You will never see the huge twist coming. You are going to wonder what, who and why and when the end comes it will be worth it!

This was such a brilliant book with its unique plot and its mysterious characters! I was beyond impressed with this story. This is just the beginning though because Jay and Matilda’s story may be over but there are more mysteries ahead and I can’t wait to unfold them!
Sofia T.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2012 SheReadsRomance
Template by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0